Another huge recall this week – nearly 800,000 more Fords added to the list of Takata airbag recalls. It’s the same problem: Takata brand airbags can shoot shrapnel at car passengers when an airbag deploys.
Takata airbag recalls require IMMEDIATE REPAIR. Repairs are FREE.
CARS JUST ADDED TO THE RECALL:
- 2010 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX
- 2010 and 2011 Ford Ranger
- 2010 to 2012 Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ,
- 2010 and 2011 Mercury Milan, and the 2010 to 2014 Ford Mustang.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Recall repairs are FREE
- Some dealers can help make repairs more convenient, ask for a loaner, mobile repair or what else they can do to make it easier to repair your car right away
- Even if your car’s recalled airbag has been repaired, you could be subject to newer airbag recalls. Check your vin here
- Some 2006 Ford Rangers’ airbags are considered so dangerous they are in Do Not Drive status. Other Do Not Drive cars 2001-2002 Honda Civic, 2001-2002 Honda Accord, 2002-2003 Acura TL, 2002 Honda CR-V, 2002 Honda Odyssey, 2003 Acura CL, 2003 Honda Pilot, certain 2006 Mazda B-Series (Mazda advises do not drive)
- More Ford Info: https://owner.ford.com/service/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-takata-airbag-recall.html
- Millions of makes and models have been recalled for dangerous Takata airbags. Check all your cars here for Takata airbag recalls and all other possible recalls
WHAT TO DO
- Check your VIN
- Call your local dealer to arrange repair
- Ask if the dealer can offer an conveniences – a loaner, other transpo, mobile repair at your home or office, etc
- DO IT NOW! Be Motor Safe!